Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Chapter 61 (Unedited)

Chapter 61 The First Dungeon Conquest (Unedited)

TL: I haven’t read the chapter before this when translating it, so there’s bound to be some mistakes in it. Also, there’s some line that I unsure if it’s makes sense or not. The spirits talkannoyingly.
This still got many mistake and haven't been checked with the Raw, read it at your own risk.



--------------------------------------------------------------

Well, we’re now going to a place called Dwelling of the Spirit that located in the Ulg Nature Park in Ulgrasia Republic.
It s already been one and a half months, since I became a Teacher.
The reason going there was to bring the troubled children on a journey.
We’re going to make it as the classroom and study there.
Not knowing the true motive and the extent of the Church’s eye, The Academy did not give permission to go out.
Certainly, there is a Church next to it. It can be said that it is the main reason.
However, I think children should go out and play, not spending their remaining time locked up in Academy.
Hearing about this from the children, Shizu-san had tried to bring them out, but it was rejected.
Apparently, they are trying to excessively confine them; am I underestimating the Church too much?
Anyway, I am doing what I believe is right.
That is, taking the Children out.
First, I will make the children learn <Transfer Magic>.
Normally, it’s impossible even in one year to learn it. The structure of the Magic Formation, it was necessary to have knowledge of the meaning on that system’s crest.
This magic is more advanced than <Space-Based Magic>; it is harsh to make 10 years children that still not mature to learn it.
However, originally it might take 3 years to understand the theory behind it, etc, but there is no need for it.
Although it’s unfair, on such occasion, it’s time for the skill to shine.
With my Shapeshifter abilities, I can embedded my knowledge and fused it into the children.
Actually I think it’s unfair, but there’s no need to be picky about one’s appearances anymore.
Next, I summons Ranga’s subordinate, with their transforming ability, I make them take the form of the children.
I’m also made myself a clone, and the preparation is completed.
Even if I had thought that there may be problem to those whom oppose with them going out, I still chose to do it.
I had discussed it with Yuuki for several times, but he had opinions that it too risky for it to go awry.
It would great if I had success in persuade him, but sadly it is in vain. I can persuade it slowly if there is time, but me aside, the children doesn’t had any more time.
Great Sagehad predict that at the earliest, the children had a time limit of 3 months.
There is no time for a leisure discussion.
I’m forcing myself to learn <Transfer Magic>, to bring the children out.

Why learning <Transfer Magic>?
The reason is simple. No need to search for the lodging while we travel, so the Church cannot be alerted by it.
Moreover, until we reach our destination, there is no need to enter any Ulgrasia Republic land personally and we can go straight to Ulg Nature Park.
I and Ranga will take the Children, and we will then travel rapidly.
Before School lunchtime arrives, using the installed Magic Formation of <Transfer Magic> we will already returned to the classroom.
After eating the lunch, using the <Transfer Magic> we will resume our travel from where we left.
Making the Children use Magic, the purpose is to make them utilize their Magic Power.
If a Grand Magic is used, we can postpone their breakdown for a while. The Children agree without complaining.
How should I say it? The first trip cause great excitements.
They at first are scared, but after they accustomed to the high-speed movement of me and Ranga, they enjoy it with a great smile.
At the beginning, there was someone peeing in my back. Who would think such thing can happen?
Geez... To protect their honor, they deliberately said not a single word. 
While various small things happens, we finally arrived Dwelling of the Spirit at last.



Ulgrasia Republic is very different from the nations surrounding Jura Forest.
It’s not under the influence of the Western Saint’s Church; this small nation is also not a member of the Council.
They receive the Divine Protection and Wisdom of the Spirit. This is the nation who conducts trade with Sorcery Dynasty of Sarion.
While there is no restriction for going into and out of the nation, there are relatively few criminals in that nation.

The reason is straightforward. This nation’s people are all <Spirit-Based Magic> user.
<Spirit-Based Magic> more or less can be divided into two main categories.
The first is <Spirit Magic>.
This category has a lot offensive spell that is similar to <Elemental Magic>.
It’s borrowing the power of the spirit, when using it. It requires Magic power as the compensation.
There’s no need to chant in <Spirit Magic> spells, everyone can use it if they connected with the spirits they contracted. However, to be recognizance by the spirits, it was necessary to be liked by them.
In this nation, there are many person that liked by the spirits in the nation.
Therefore, they are holding the contract’s ceremony when someone reaches age of 10 years old, if there’s a person who unable to make contract with the spirits, that person will be driven out from the nation when reaching 20 years old.
Losing their qualification as a citizen. However, because there’re many kinds of spirits, a person that unable to contract with the spirits is rare.
The second is <Summon Spirit>.
In this category, it was necessary to be contracted with a powerful spirit. However, to do the summoning chanting is required, though it’s easier than the other magic.
To that extent, there no need to compare the power. <Spirit Magic>, only borrowing some power from the spirits, while with <Summon Spirit> is possible to use the full power of the spirits.
Besides its power; it’s surpassing it in all area.
Thus, the power of borrowing is no match for the real thing.
It’s very difficult for user of <Spirit Magic> to win against opponent who uses <Summon Spirit>.
Even if the opponent has bad affinity against it, he would be able to turn over the disadvantage, with <Spirit Summon>.



Sorcery Dynasty of Sarion, a nation where the representative chanting magic, <Elemental-Based Magic> is the mainstream magic, contrast with Ulgrasia Republic where the contract magic, that is <Spirit-Based Magic>, is the mainstream magic.
For this reason, between these two civilizations there is an active reciprocal exchange of research and development from each other.



That’s why, we come to this place.
That is of course, it was Spirit Summoning.
I had raised a hypothesis.
To be exact, I think that, consider the situation of the Flame Giant (Ifrit) that Shizu-san fusion with, by it the magic power rampage that causing the body to decay can be somehow prevented.
Is it because the control of High Rank Spirit Ifrit? Or it is because of Unique SkillShapeshifterthat the Fusion is able to be done?
In any case, the key is to ‘fusion with a spirit’.
A sentient spirit is few in number, and it is called a high rank spirit.
In this city, there are two places to contract a spirit.
First is a place where citizen conduct their contract that is an altar in the middle of the city. But in this place the appearance of a High Rank Spirit is rare.
For the user of High Rank Spirit Magic, to conduct <Summon Spirit> contract, it is necessary to go to the other place.
That is in the Dwelling of the Spirit.
It’s a labyrinth that stretched in the underground, or maybe, in the air. The only door to there is located in Ulg Nature Park.
The door is embedded on a big rock; beyond the door is a different dimension. 
But, our purpose is to contract a High Rank Spirit, so there is no other choice for us than to keep going.


We take preparation to rest for a one night.
From beyond this door, it is doubtful if we can use <Transfer Magic> to return. Although I had a hunch it won’t be impossible.
Anyway, the Magic Formation in the Park was installed in such way to not draw any attention. At the worst, if the inside is suspicious, it is still possible to use it to escape, although I doubt whether it would be useful. Just for insurance though. 
Then,


[Are the preparation finish? We might not return once we enter. Are your guys ready?]

In response to my question.

[Of course!]
[It’s all right!]


And so on. Several answers come.
Good, good. They’re not afraid. Recently, their trust in me is increasing, the feelings is different from before.
Transforming into a black wolf, I’m instant killed any monsters on the way, that might what gain their trust.
Then, let assume the travel.
That place, I obtain some information about it when I was searching for information in the library.
Unfortunately, although it’s accurately tell the location, it’s not written what kind of monsters that going to appear on the inside.
It only saying that there would be a trial; I don’t know what kind of the danger we’ll face....
Can I and Ranga Protect the Children? There is a slight of uneasiness.
If it’s no good, I might temporarily withdraw, and call Benimaru and others.
Anyway, we go inside and proceed carefully.
The inside, although the sun’s light not able to reach the inside, it’s full with bright lights.
Just in case, I turn off the Magic Perception, it seems the sight is alright. There’s also no problem with the atmosphere. The children can enter without any problem.
With all members inside, we proceed with caution.
I entrust Ranga on the protection of the children.
Rather than a Labyrinth, it’s a straight path....
We’re advancing carefully.



............
........
....


Thanks to the mind map
I can go on straight path, there’s many traps installed here that can disturb someone’s sense of direction.
Looking back, the road that was illuminated by the lamp-like mechanism now is hidden by the shadow.
Looking front, the path once hidden by light now become visible.
I see. It really is a labyrinth.
Using normal person sense of direction, perhaps, it may be possible to become lost.
This is somehow become quite frightening.

“Oh Well. Well. My. Oh My.”
“Found It Out. Out Find It.”
“Oh. Ah. Oh. Ah. Oh. Ah”
“*chatter*chuckle*giggle*”


All of sudden I hear the Spirit voice in my mind.

A really strong mind voice. No, maybe this is Mind communication (Telepathy)?



“Oh Foolish Visitors!”
“Become More In Dread!”
“Become More In Fear!”



What a selfish words.
The children are restlessly looking at their surroundings.
Chloe and Alice didn’t release their hand from my clothes.
However, even the timid Ryouta, drew his sword as if to protect the girls.
The 3 boys, had been given swords before
It was something that I copied, a sword from pure demon steel with a shape that suitable for them.
It’s fortunate that there are circumstances to warrant their need before, however...


“Good! Good!”
“More in Fear!”
“If Not, It Boring!”



Fumu.
We arrived at a certain room. To make noise as they please, however, is irritating.


[Hey. Are you the one living in this place? Well then, the Spirits perchance?
We have a purpose coming here. We had business with the High Rank Spirit.
So if it possible can we ask the guidance from you?]


Just in case, I asked.

Now, what kind of reaction they will show?
 

“Ahahahahaha!”
“Ufufufufufufu!”
“This Is Interesting! More Interesting Than Surprise! More Interesting Than Fear!”
“Nice! Nice!”
“I Tell You! However! However!”
“In front!”
 

A light extend at the end of passage.
It’s just like an invitation. Well, there is nothing except to accept.
When we advance at the passage, there is a great hall.
And the middle of it, there was a Giant.

“Now, let’s begin the trial!!!”

The giant’s eyes shone red.
Suddenly I start wondering, why the eyes of suspicious monsters always shining red? Well, whatever.

[Hey, can you hear? If I defeat the Giant, the trial ends?]

“That’s right!”
“Well.”
“Just like that!”


Then, it’s easy.
I let Ranga protect the children, only I alone that go ahead. 


“Oh! Oh! Oh my?”
“Doing it alone?”
“Overconfident is dangerous, you know?”


Are you guys worrying about me? Well, it will be okay.
I’m analyzing the Giant in front of me.


Name                   : Spirit’s Protector Colossus (Temporary)
Material               : Magic Steel
Ability                 : Over Rank A
Magic power       : Over Rank A


Phew! I almost blew away.
I’m naming it without any permission, its ability are dangerous
A Magic Doll (Golem) made from Magic Steel, with a height of 3 meter.
It had a massive figure. Perhaps, its weight is about 30 metric ton.
Simply, if someone receives its physical attack they will receive tremendous damage.
Even if there is Physical Attack Resistance, it has no meaning if you get crushed.
While still observing it and see what it will do, the giant silhouette blurred.
Well, I still see it, but... It movement is as fast as a master swordsman.
This is... This is a very dangerous enemy.
Its speed and its weight. If it hits, it certainly cause a more disastrous damage than a traffic accident.
Geez, is this really a trial? Are they trying to kill me? No doubt it.



[Hey, Hey!!! What is this thing?
You guys are not testing me! You are trying to kill me instead!]

So I shouted,



“*chatter*chuckle*giggle*”
“Well, that’s so, that’s right!”
“Can you win? Can you win?”

.......Really? ...... What are those guys really want.
Th, this is, are those guys’ retards?
I really mad inside, but its gone when I see how childish they are.
No good! No good!
In front of the children, I must act like a gentleman.

It’s no good if losing any reason and giving up to rage, that’s my teaching position.
Well, the cool me has never been recklessly angry, this is something I aware of.
Heeheehuu, heeheehuu.
When I straighten my breath, I take a stance with composure.
What, I am not really serious, if it doesn’t hit, I’m all right!
It’s quite fast, but I’m faster than it. I am a guy who can disappear as fast as the speed of sound.
Well, maybeBlack Lightningnot effective against it. Because, it’s made of metal. The electric current may travel to the ground and be neutralized.
With the magic I learn, there is none that works. Water Blade and Fire Ball is useless.
Also, slicing it with sword is out of question. Even if it possible to cut it, the sword may break and it is troublesome so I won’t do it.
A lump of Magic Steel, I wish you can pardon me from such thing. The Magic Puppet (Golem) has the highest hardness yet agile, it means, it had few weaknesses, how troublesome!
Then, shall I burn it to ashes....?


[Hey, I allow you guys to apologize, but you guys are not apologizing, so it’s fine if I destroy it?]

“Aha ha ha ha ha!”
“Interesting, it’s so amusing!”
“Bluffing! Bluffing!”
“Nice, Nice. It‘s sound good!”
“If you can do it, then show it!”

Fu ~ ~ ~.
I am an adult. So it’s alright.
I’ll not get angry by such impudent telepathy.
I don’t have any vein, so the vein that appears in my head is just part of my imaginations.
Well, I get the permission now.
Good bye! Magic Puppet (Golem). If possible, I want to bring you back as my toy....


[Misaoitoayabakujin! (Binding Formation of Bewitching Strings)] 「操糸妖縛陣!」


My Sticky Steel Thread power’s was different from before, I already strengthened it.
I’m infusing it with magical energy, so now it’s possible for it to endure weight over 1000 ton.
The thread binds the Magic Puppet (Golem) completely, now its movement was stopped.
Then, I’m concentrating, and shoot the Black Flame Prison (Hell Flare) towards it.
If you normally shoot it, there was no need to really concentrating. However, to make the range specifically small, it was necessary to concentrate to controlling the enormous amount of magic power (Energy).
With support of Great Sage, it’s now possible to reduces the size of the Black Flame Prison (Hell Flare).
It’s still not possible for Benimaru to use it like this; the attack enveloping the Magic Puppet (Golem) completely in its sphere shape (Dome) with diameter of 5 m.
So loud! A thunderous sound sounded; the dome disappears while leaving nothing remaining on its traces.
Perhaps, inside the dome, the flame prison burns everything to nothingness with its high temperatures that reach several hundred million degrees.
Even with my Heat Attack Resistance, it’s not possible for me to be unaffected by it. A person that can endure such attack might not exist.
The downside of this attack was if the opponent’s not restricted, it’s an easy thing to avoid it. Because its take some time to cast it
Oh well, it’s nice because it succeeded well this time.
If possible, I don’t really want to show this trump card.
  
“No way!!!”
“Unbelievable!”
“Only one hit.......”
    
It’s what I heard from the chaotic telepathy.
Apparently, they have put all of their confidence on the Magic Puppet (Golem). That is so.
The children mouths are wide open, they are dumbfounded.
It seems the shock is really great. Therefore, I don’t want to show it again.
Anyway.
Their attitude that underestimates me is gone. They might be prepared themselves.
  

It‘s now time for the punishment
-------------------------------------------------------------
TL corner:
What is better for the name of Madou Ouchou Sarion (魔導王朝サリオン).
Sorcery Dynasty of Sarion or Magic Dynasty of Sarion ?


33 comments:

  1. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats what they get widdle golem one hit ko XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the destiny of every golem to end similarly to this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonder if rimu is going to spank those pranking spirites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder, wait till Clown-san release the net one.

      Delete
  4. Ahaha... poor golem... but can't Rimuru just make his own?
    Thank you for the translation~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dammit, that thing was expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahaha, fairy is shocked!
    Beating! Fairy will beating!
    Silly fairy, so silly. Golem strong, but slime strongest!

    Anyways, thanks for the chapter Guro~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. When will the edits be finished? I love your previous edits, I can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol... punisment time~
    Naughty spirits need some spanking >:)
    Thank you for the chapter Guro-san

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rimuru Should have just eaten it lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just realized something....
    5 Kids... 2 girls, 3 boys. He trying to get them each to learn fusion magic and fuse to a spirit... This sounds like hes making his own power rangers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it should be Magic Dynasty of Sarion. Sorcery Dynasty just doesn't flow well. Maybe if it was Sorcery Kingdom, but not Dynasty.

    I love OP Rimuru! :D Thanks for the Chapter (even though it isn't edited. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the Ouchou part in the name had kanji of 王= King and 朝=Reign so its mean reign of king which mean Dynasty. So i opted Dynasty rather kingdom.

      Delete
  12. Hello, I really appreciate the work you put into this series. Which is why I would like to offer my assistance with editing to make it easier to read. I have decided to edit this chapter myself and if you are interested I can send you my edited version. Let me know if you would like help at all, and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm... do you have any experience with translating stuff from japanese?

      Delete
  13. 6/12 page chapter editied. ETA 8-12 hours since i made this reply

    ReplyDelete
  14. It should be Sorcery rather than Magic. That dynasty has something distinctive with their magic, so the plain term of Magic doesnt convey such thing, and should be avoided at all cost. While Sorcery may sounds strange to your ears (not to mine), it's necessary to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other options are the Arcane Dynasty or Sorcerer's Dynasty, although I do agree Magic Dynasty is too generic. A formatting option is [Dynasty of Sorcery, Sarion], which avoids sounding as awkward.

      Delete
    2. So many variant, I confused.
      The author doesn't gave how to read the kanji, its the hardship of the translator.

      Delete
    3. Sorcery Dynasty of Sarion is fine~

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Better: Sarion Magic Dynasty or Sarion Sorcery Dynasty

    ReplyDelete
  17. "It‘s now time for the punishment"

    Lol.

    Thank you~!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Black Lightening <=== Black Lightning

    Generally you can change Lightening ==> into Lightning without worry of typo, because the use of lightening is seriously rare.
    Lightening and Lighting are two most often encountered typo for Lightning you can see on Net.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Editing done, i've asked guro to put before and after for it if you guys want to compare it :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Btw, i absolutely didn't touch the faerie's speech. too annoying to edit

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you for sharing another fantastic chapter as well as for all the time and effort put into this translation

    ReplyDelete